What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuze Percussion D.A. No151/151A Mark 1 A/D (AUST).

ron3350

Fuze 1.jpegFuze 2.jpegFuze 3.jpegFuze top.jpegThis is the first fuze for 2"mortars I have found with this steel white band.
It has the safety pin under the cap so safe for air drop.
I thought that the No151 fuze had no safety and was upgraded to No 161 for airdrop but Australia must have a different version??
Were these white steel bands with info also used by UK ?

I posted the 3" similar bands in a post on 6 Sept 2019 for comparison. All comments are welcome.

As far as I'm aware, Australian No151A Mk1 AD is a modified No151 with a safety pin

For the white band, I only know the tape for British series.
2in mortar_1955.jpg

Last edited:
Its mentioned in the DWS notes about this modification, Its mentions the 151aust as a mod to add a firing pin because packed bombs with the 151 fuze when air dropped and jolted on impact when parachuted or accidentally dropped of a back of a lorry put the packed bombs in a dangerous state that the shutter was already lined up with the firing pin before firing so the bomb exploded upon firing. So they made a 151 then 151a and then the 161 with the different marks.

Fuze 151 a.jpegFuze 151 b.jpegThanks for the info so far. I found my misplaced 2" Mortar 1945 pamphlet and show the fuze details. It does not mention metal info band, only a plastic tape.