What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Electrical Fuze Testing Equipment

Bellifortis

Hallo,
some of you know, that one of my special interests is the development of Rheinmetall electric fuzes 1926-1945. The great advantage of electric fuzes, besides being able to switch delays inflight until just before dropping, was, that you could measure its electrical integrity with physical instruments. When the german air-force decided on completely switching to electrical bomb fuzes, they ordered a few thousand of very expensive high quality, scientific instrumentation. Up till then only a few of these were sold in Germany in a year. Every airport where any larger scale bombfuzing was done, recieved one of these boxes with this scientific electro-physical instrumentation. I assume that you could measure resistances, voltage, capacity and isolation. Up till now I never saw even a photo of this and also never a descripion. Most probably this high class, very valuable scientific instrumentation found eager civilian uses after the war.
Attached you see photos of a "Multavi" instrument of Hartmann & Braun company that was contained in the "Züenderleitungs-Pruef-und Montagegeraet ZLPM 76" (Fuzewiring Test-and Assembly apparatus) of the V 1. Also air-force EOD used it when defuzing german magnetic airdeliverd mines. If anybody here knows about a foto or description of the big electric bombfuze testing assembly, please be so kind as to inform me. Thanks.
Bellifortis.View attachment 171643H&B Multavi.jpg

Attachments

• Multavi 1.jpg
    Multavi 1.jpg
    313.4 KB · Views: 28