What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Holzmine 42 Reproduction

ekim199944

Wooden Anti-Tank Mine, Holzmine 42 Reproduction

My Holzmine 42 (Wooden Mine 42) Reproduction

Followed all the dimensions I could come up with, 3/4” wood outside, with 1/4” partitions inside. Did not paint it, as some were painted and others just raw wood. Tried to make it look weathered and old. Loaded it with the Amatol 50/50, 2.4 kg. charges. Which were sprayed with liquid rubber, to give them the look of a “bitumastic substance, which they were coated in to make them water proof. Used 200 gram primer charges. Some show three others show one with two wooden blocks to fill the space. I used the three charges. Some of the mines used twenty seven 200 gram charges. Twelve on each side, where the Amatol is shown, and three as primer charges. I thought it was easier to make two Amatol charges rather than twenty seven, 200 gram charges. Used a Z.Z. 42 igniter, with a Sprengkapselin No 8 Fuze.

Picture A:
Mine with lid on in safe condition, top red strip not showing.

Picture B:
Shows the mine unloaded, except for the Amatol charges.
Showing the Z.Z. 42 ignitor, Sprengkapselin No. 8 Fuze, and three 200 gram charges.

Picture C:
All charges in place.

Picture D:
Lid on, in armed condition, red strip showing

Attachments

• 42-A.jpg
    42-A.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 42-B.jpg
    42-B.jpg
    283.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 42-C.jpg