What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German 400 Gram Schü-mine (Pandomic Reproduction)

ekim199944

[FONT=&amp]German 400 Gram Schü mine (Pandemic Repro)[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]With a lot of time on my hands, during the pandemic, I decided to make some reproduction German wooden mines. This one the, 400 Gram Schü Mine, I found in the US Army “German Mine Warfare Equipment” TM 5-223C. I have an original Schü-mine 42 and it was made up of 1/4” plywood, so I decided to construct this one in the same material. Problem was finding 1/4” plywood today, it is all about 3/16” thick, but with a lot of searching I did find some on line. I tried to give it a weathered look, again like my original mine, even rusting the nails used. Made up two 200 Gram Charges and then used a Z.Z. 42 Fuze, with a Sprengkapselin No 8 Detonator.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Photo A: [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Drawing from TM 5-223C booklet, that I used to construct the mine.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Photo B: [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]The mine opened, showing the two 200 Gram Charges, Z.Z. 42 Fuze, and Sprengkapselin No 8 Detonator. Also shows the fuze support block. Why the charges were stepped up, I don’t know.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Photo C: [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Shows everything in place in the mine. Showing Safety-Pin Cord, that keeps the lid from being pressed down until it is withdrawn. I have put a red box around the Actuating Pin, which is a very small nail, that when the top is pressed down it will bend and let the top release the pin in the Z.Z. 42 Fuze, setting off the mine. [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Photo D:[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Mine closed with the Safety-Pin Cord still in place. [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]I hope to show more of my mine repros in the next few days.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

Attachments

• 400 Gram Schü mine A.jpg
    400 Gram Schü mine A.jpg