What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German Wooden-block Mine Type A (Pandemic Repro)

ekim199944

[FONT=&amp]Wooden- Block Mine Type A- Photo A.jpgBlock Mine Type A- Photo B.jpgBlock Mine Type A- Photo C .jpgBlock Mine Type A- Photo D.jpg[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]With a lot of time on my hands, during the pandemic, I decided to make some reproduction German wooden mines. This one the, Wooden-block Mine Type A, I found in the US Army “German Mine Warfare Equipment” TM 5-223C. I tried to make it have a weathered looked. Made up a Bohrpatrone 28 (Standard Bore Hole Charge) and then used a Z.Z. 42 Fuze, with a Sprengkapselin No 8 Detonator. It is said the Bohrpatrone 28 Charge was held in either with a wooden plug or cork. I decided to use a cork, it was easier than cutting out a round wooden plug.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Photo A: [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Drawing from TM 5-223C booklet, that I used to construct the mine.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Photo B:[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Components of mine, Bohrpatrone 28 Charge, Z.Z. 42 Fuze, and Sprengkapselin No 8 Detonator and cork used to hold charge in place.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Photo C: [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]The mine with Bohrpatrone 28, Z.Z. 42 Fuze, and Sprengkapselin No 8 Detonator in place[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Photo D: [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Mine closed and ready for use. Again I tried to weather it.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]I hope to show more of my mine repros in the next few days.[/FONT]

well done look really good. I also made some, nice little project, have you tried the chemical igniter version.

I looked up the Chemical Igniter Version, it looks very easy to build, except for the Buck Chemical Fuze, which I don't have. I have used actual fuzes in all my mines. I have found the "Improvised Antipersonnel Tread Mine", in The TM-5223C Manual, page 154, and may try this one next. I do have a pressure fuze for this one. Have you checked out the Holzmine Type 42 mine I posted a short time ago? This one took quite a while to create and I was very pleased with the result.