What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German Wooden Antilifting Device, “Entlastungsmine” (Pandemic Repro)

ekim199944

[FONT=&amp]German Wooden Antilifting Device, “Entlastungsmine” (Pandemic Repro)[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]With a lot of time on my hands, during the pandemic, I decided to make some reproduction German wooden mines. This one the, Wooden Antilifting Device, “Entlastungsmine”, I found in the US Army “German Mine Warfare Equipment” TM 5-223C. Again I tried to make it have a weathered looked. Made up a 200 Gram Charge and then used a Z.Z. 42 Fuze, with a Sprengkapselin No 8 Detonator. These were hidden under anti-mines and anything that was heavy enough to hold the lid down. When the mine was removed from over it, the spring would let the lid spring up pulling the pin from the Z.Z. 42, thus exploding the mine you were removing.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Photo A: [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Drawing from TM 5-223C booklet, that I used to construct the mine.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Photo B:[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Components of mine, 200 Gram Charge, Z.Z. 42 Fuze, and Sprengkapselin No 8 Detonator. Shows the spring that would rise the lid and explode the Antilifting Device as well as what ever you were removing from over it. [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Photo C: [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Mine what it looked like when uncovered and exploding the device. When it was in this position it would have removed the pin from the Z.Z. 42 Fuze. The two nails, one on lid and one on box, are what was called an improvised latch, that held lid in place, before weight was put on top of mine. How they untied this latch without setting off mine, I don’t know. Again I tried to weather the mine for an aged look.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]I hope to show more of my mine repros in the next few days.[/FONT]

Attachments

• Anti-Lift A.jpg
    Anti-Lift A.jpg
    306 KB · Views: 50
  • Anti-Lift B.jpg
    Anti-Lift B.jpg
    281 KB · Views: 52
  • Anti-Lift C.jpg
    Anti-Lift C.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 43
It take about 19 lbs to hold the lid down. I find a teller mine weights 20 lbs. so it could be used under it.