What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1942 P60 Colour ?

Richard709

Can anyone tell me what colour a 1942 P60 box should be, I have striped off the black paint and a load of surface rust and would like to repaint it in the correct colour. The base layer I can see appears to be a shade of Eau De Nil. Thanks for your help. Rich

Eau de nil didnt come into effect until the late 50s 60s as it a nato colour for smoke. A 1942 box would either be service brown or a green nder the BS381c paint code system. Since WW2 there have been colour changes as colours popular back then are not used now although a lot of colours are still in use. I would try and find a older colour BS381c chart. Service brown is still used but there are variations with it in sheen etc. gloss is darker and matt more of a lighter pail shade.

Thank you for that, I did think it would be either an olive or bronze green but the small bits left on the box seem to light to match either shade. I will have to do some more digging and see what I can find. All the Best. Rich