What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German Unusual Wooden Mine from Greek Manual (Pandemic Repro)

ekim199944

[FONT=&amp]German Unusual Wooden Mine from Greek Manual (Pandemic Repro)[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]With a lot of time on my hands, during the pandemic, I decided to make some reproduction German wooden mines. This one I found in a Greek Army Manual, that was posted here sometime in the past. It is made up of a Bohrpatrone 28 (Standard Bore Hole Charge) Z.Z 35 Fuze, Sprengkapselin No 8 Detonator, and Cork to hold in Charge. It also has a Anti-lifting Booby Trap device, which was a nail and wire. The Nail was buried under the mine and when the mine was lifted it would pull the pin from the Fuze, setting off the mine. It is shown in Plan I have attached, with the red box around it. The plan also seems to show a covering for the mine, too keep out dirt, I would think, I can’t read the Greek so I am only assuming that is what is shown. [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Photo A: [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Drawing from Greek Manual posted as “Scarce Army Manual with all German mines Drawings Types of fuzes etc.” back in 2020.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Photo B:[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Components of mine, Bohrpatrone 28 , Z.Z 35 Fuze, Sprengkapselin No 8 Detonator, and Cork to hold in Charge. Also Nail and wire that were used for an Anti-lifting Booby trap.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Photo C: [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Mine ready to be buried, again showing Anti-lifting nail.[/FONT]

Attachments

• Mine X-A.jpg
    Mine X-A.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 58
  • Mine X-B.jpg
    Mine X-B.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 52
  • Mine X-C.jpg
    Mine X-C.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 42
Very nice,

This was an unknown mine for me.

Who can translate the following Greece text from the pamflet? The only thing I can reed is Schu.Mi.

Greetings - Antoon

Schermafbeelding 2021-09-22 om 15.26.49.png

Top line is "wooden"
Bottom line is "No 2"
"Sch.Mi" didn't translate using Word Lens............

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210923-072918_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20210923-072918_Google.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 18
Last edited: