What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for old German 7.7cm shells post.....

starshell

Premium Member
Hello,

Apologies if this is placed in the wrong section.
I'm trying to find a post which a member (from USA I believe) placed a few years ago in which they posted a superb image of a variety of German 7.7cm shells they had in their collection and which were listed according to date and type.
Some with original paint, some repainted (if I recall).
Was a great reference for styles and colours, hence the request. Have searched the site for the past hour to no avail...
Many thanks in advance!

I was after a German WW1 7.7 shrapnel which i believe was called the Wizbang by the British in the trenches during WW1, correct me if i am wrong. Wanted an example of what our boys had to put up with with the shelling the endured.
Saw a mint one on Egun a few years ago in its original blue, with the smoke marks on it around the rifling when they just been fired. God know why i didn't buy it but there you go. It was that nice i saved some pictures of it, have to dig them out

Many thanks M8owner, that's the one!
Much appreciated.

BMG50: Would be interested in seeing the pics if you find them....
Thanks again all.
Cheers!