What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help On Shell

orcutteod

I'm hoping someone can tell me what this is. All I got for dimensions is it's 1 inch across the base.
Thanks

Attachments

• 185C.jpg
    185C.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 94
  • 185C-2.jpg
    185C-2.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 80
Figured out what it is I have one of these.
Unmarked, No Primer, 1" Across base - This huge monolith of a cartridge was developed in 1996 by J.D. Jones with SKS Industries making a few rifles which weighed over 100 pounds. The cartridge is based on the 20mm Vulcan case shortened and bottle-necked to .95" diameter and is no longer in production by JDJ. It is basically a Proprietary Wildcat Rifle cartridge. The .950 JDJ uses a .95 Caliber, 2400 grain bullet and has 25,400 ft/lbs of muzzle energy!

I deleted my post above when I measured the 20mm M103 Vulcan case at 29.4mm base /rim diameter. You state 1" base??
I was stating that it looked like a Vulcan case with altered shoulder then deleted the reply since I had the wrong diameter. Are you sure yours is 1" ?