What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

M6 and M7 AT Mine in the ETOUSA

Antoon

Ordnance approved
Hello,

As far as I understand the heavy Antitank Mine M6 and the light Antitank mine M7 have never been used in the European Theater of Operation (ETO) during WW-2.

Source:Center of Military History US Army, United States Army in World War II, The Ordnance Department: Planning munitions for war. (Washington D.C. 1990)

Or do I read it wrong and are they used during the Battle of the Bulge?

Schermafbeelding 2021-10-18 om 16.12.42.jpg

I believe you are correct, they were not used in the ETO at all (not even in the Ardennes).
Too few German tanks around in 1945.

On the other hand I can hardly imagine using a heavy M6 against a Japanese tank in the pacific theatre, unless you wanted to change it into the first object orbitting earth.
An M7 will do for any Japanese tank.

The only ww2 USA anti tank mine encountered in Europe by collectores is the M1
The M6 is encountered here as blue painted post was practice mine with four holes cut in the side of the body at 90 degrees each. When however opened you'll still find the olive piant and WW2 ink stamps.

Last edited: