What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ID please (FLAMC500 ?)

tdiups

Ordnance approved
IMG_3902.jpgIMG_3900.jpg
hello
I'm looking for information on the next bomb
it may be a FLAM C500, however schematic or documentation of the time I can not confirm
Thank you for your help

BoDr0015.jpg867_0.jpg867_1.jpg867_3.jpgFlamm C 500 C zu dem Datenblatt habe ich diese Bilder, sind nicht sehr scharf, aber zeigen aber diesen seitlichen Stutzen, der verschraubt war.

Bei meinen Bildern ist die Explosivröhre auch außer Achse, die Bilder sind nicht gut aber waren was besonderes.

Last edited:
It's an incendiary for sure, as the specimen shown by Joerg is marked with two red rings.
But contrary to the Flam C 500 C or Streubrand C 500 (II) we know from L.Dv. 4200 or OP-1666 it's equipped with a forward fuse pocket, in front of the suspension point, rather than a rear one. There was also a Streubrand C 500 III in development and testing in early 1945 (apparently 1000 containers were produced). On the other hand, joint of the body halves does not look like the Streubrand here.

Hier ging es nur um eine Brandbombe, so wie das Bild von tdiups gezeigt wurde. Mir sind die anderen Brandbomben schon bekannt, sehen aber nicht wie das Bild , was gezeigt wurde aus. Gruss Joerg

And a period photo - except of the two rings the bomb is clearly marked as Flam on the body and Flam C 500 marking can be seen stamped on the lower fin (I mirrored the detail and adjusted it a little bit).
Judging from the dark RAL 7021 or RAL 6006 paint scheme (as in the photos posted by Joerg), it seems to be an early, non-C, variant of the Flam C 500?

German Flamm C250 bomb1.jpgGerman Flamm C250 bomb1_DET.jpg

And there's even a drawing of this Flam C 500 in the July 1942 edition of L.Dv. 8/g 4 - with an offset HE tube and a forward fuze pocket.

FlamC500r90.jpg

QED :)

Last edited: