What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

25pr irish forces

That was 2009 and was the year the 25 pdr was taken out of service. Likely source of ammunition was Pakistan.

thanks for info,would be nice to see one of those POF cases,there must be some spare cases floating around in ireland

I wanted to know if the cases were Mk2/1 and if Pakistan still use a broad arrow stamp and F or CF stamps. Yes it should be POF ? Looking forward to a photo.

I dont know about the live rounds but the Irish were using blank cases marked GMT, possibly Geometrotec Martock. These were made of aluminium, anodised to look like brass and contained a heavy steel cup to contain the charge. They would occasionally turn up in Northern Ireland collectors fairs.
Fred

GMT cases sound interesting. I know Primetake makes several saluting calibres from 40mm - 105mm, including aluminium 25Pr cases. Never seen these either.

Here is the headstamp if you are interested. Ireland still have some 12pounder naval guns for saluting purposes. I have seen 12pr blank cases of similar manufacture, complete with raised primer.
fred

25pr.jpg