What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Sparks

sksvlad

This is one of my favourite rock bands. There is a new documentary called The Sparks Brothers (2021) https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8610436/ about them. This is an old world of making music and vinyl records, with some big names from the old rock'n'roll era, with a lot of early 1950's Americana in sound and moving images. Very entertaining, if you are old and like old music...........

I saw them play live in London about 1974. Very small gig in Fulham which attracted a very odd audience. Lots of Pete & Dud lookalikes! Pretend or real flashers in macs - all sorts! Good live group though.

I saw them in Webster Hall in NYC several years ago, Ron did his shuffle dance, pretty good for an old man.....I never thought growing up in USSR in 1970's that I'd see them (or live in USA for that matter)....

I thought "This town ain't big enough...." to be a work of genius. One of the best pop songs ever.