What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

75x660R Canet 1892 projectiles

I have posted photos a couple of times on the forum of a Russian AP projectile.
Unfortuneately have never been able to find things through the search function.
Will see if i can find anything.
OK will provide new photos later

20211108_104540.jpg20211108_104616.jpg

Well my case is also 1913 with Cyrillic and ( i think ) Finnish markings.
Will not try and remove shot from case.
Case came via Netherlands years ago
Got the shot from Japan ...also some years ago. A lucky score.

There is a rule for size reference but the phone lens have distorted the view.

Actual measurement from base of driving band (closest to neck) is 161 mm

Thank You Charley,
mine has a little higher number.
One would expect there is Russian or Finnish manual listing the projectiles when it was used well after WW1.

I do not expect to find a projectile for it any time soon, but I did not expect to find this case either.
To say the truth, I thought I had something else and made the ID at home:tinysmile_hmm_t:

Bob

Attachments

• IMG_20211108_085843.jpg
    IMG_20211108_085843.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 41
Система электрического воспламенения заряда в пушке «Кане». (vk.com)
Uživatel Музей В.Ф. Руднева na Twitteru: "Гильзы и снаряды морской пушки системы Канэ (152 мм и 75 мм калибра) можно увидеть в Музее командира крейсера "Варяг" В.Ф.Руднева. https://t.co/Xn6ghFse4z" / Twitter

Форум фортоведов: Артиллерия » 75-мм пушка Канэ (fortoved.ru)

[FONT=&quot]Описание [/FONT]75 мм. пушки в 50 калибров длиною, на станках системы Канэ, бывшего Обуховского сталелитейного завода образца 1911 г. Металлического завода образца 1906 г., Металлического завода образца 1908 г. и Миллера [Текст] : С атласом чертежей / Упр. морских сил РККА. - Ленинград ; Москва : Отд. изд-ва Нар. ком. обороны Союза ССР, 1935. - 111 с.; 26 см.

Поиск по сайту | Российский государственный архив Военно-Морского Флота (rgavmf.ru)

Last edited:
Система электрического воспламенения заряда в пушке «Кане». (vk.com)
Uživatel Музей В.Ф. Руднева na Twitteru: "Гильзы и снаряды морской пушки системы Канэ (152 мм и 75 мм калибра) можно увидеть в Музее командира крейсера "Варяг" В.Ф.Руднева. https://t.co/Xn6ghFse4z" / Twitter

Форум фортоведов: Артиллерия » 75-мм пушка Канэ (fortoved.ru)

[FONT=&quot]Описание [/FONT]75 мм. пушки в 50 калибров длиною, на станках системы Канэ, бывшего Обуховского сталелитейного завода образца 1911 г. Металлического завода образца 1906 г., Металлического завода образца 1908 г. и Миллера [Текст] : С атласом чертежей / Упр. морских сил РККА. - Ленинград ; Москва : Отд. изд-ва Нар. ком. обороны Союза ССР, 1935. - 111 с.; 26 см.

Поиск по сайту | Российский государственный архив Военно-Морского Флота (rgavmf.ru)

Thanks for your response
Although i can more or less read cyrillic i don't know what most of the words mean...
Can anyone translate this for we who are ignorant of Russian?
Thanks very much

This is what google translate returned:

The system of electric ignition of the charge in the Kane cannon. (vk.com) Uživatel Museum V.F. Rudnev na Twitteru: "Cases and shells of the Kane system cannon (152 mm and 75 mm caliber) can be seen in the Museum of the Varyag cruiser commander VF Rudnev. Https://t.co/Xn6ghFse4z" / Twitter

Forum of the forts: Artillery "Kane's 75-mm cannon (fortoved.ru)

Description 75 mm. cannons in 50 calibers in length, on machine tools of the Kane system, the former Obukhov steel plant of the 1911 model, the Metallic plant of the 1906 model, the Metallic plant of the 1908 model and Miller [Text]: With an atlas of drawings / Control. naval forces of the Red Army. - Leningrad; Moscow: Dept. publishing house Nar. com. defense of the USSR, 1935. - 111 p .; 26 cm.

Site Search | Russian State Archives of the Navy (rgavmf.ru)

These are all hmlt links to websites, etc. A few interesting links and the possibility to use better search phrases than ,,,75mm Canet 1892,, In addition, there is also a link to the archive of the Russian Navy where the keyword Canet in Russian is already filtered out.

In conjunction with Google Translate, you can understand the content of :)
Akon

Thanks Falcon and AKON
I found my Google translation app would not do so on phone.
Probably i should try on laptop when i connect to internet on sundays.
Ah.... technology ...
Cheers

View attachment 173272View attachment 173273

Well my case is also 1913 with Cyrillic and ( i think ) Finnish markings.
Will not try and remove shot from case.
Case came via Netherlands years ago
Got the shot from Japan ...also some years ago. A lucky score.

There is a rule for size reference but the phone lens have distorted the view.

Actual measurement from base of driving band (closest to neck) is 161 mm
This is solid shot type