What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to tell dummy (drill) round from a live round

I would have thought armourers would have made their own dummy rounds with holes in the case and no primer, easy to check and not seen by the cameras. Still think if you are going to handle a gun you make sure it is safe even down to checking what is in it is inert.

You can have dummy rounds for dry firing practice drills as some say it protects the firing pin. The dummy rounds are often identified by a bright colour.

To the inexperienced person unfamiliar with ammo they will need help to determine what is safe. For example it would be very easy to think a wad cutter round was a blank as the bullet is level with the case.

PC

I'm still curious as to what any live ammo was doing anywhere near the set. To my mind there's no situation that needs live to ever be loaded into a film weapon.

read a report on line that some of the crew were 'recreational shooting' on the lot at the weekend. that could explain it but who ever loaded the guns and who ever failed to check they were safe should have picked up on the ammo fault.