Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
  • Login:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Valley Of Tears

Thanks
    I just watched the first episode and it's pretty good. They did screw up the "Squash Head" APDS scene, but the version I watched is dubbed in English. I'll have to find a Hebrew version to see if it's just a bad translation.
    Interesting that they only had 3 Centurions on-screen, but they might be the only running examples in the country. I recall one at the Latrun Museum, and another at the IDF Collection, but other than those I've only seen Centurion-based APCs. We had a couple of those on an Engineer base I was on for Demo School.

Premium Member
    Images
    Thanks
    version I've been watching is subtitled so they got it wrong one way or the other (either they meant HESH and showed wrong type round or in actuality they used APFSDS/APDS and they incorrectly referred to HESH in the show).
    always looking for inert baton rounds and accessories - please message me if you have any for sale/trade.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    I remember Yom Kippur War vaguely, I was 15 year old at the time, and living in the USSR, geographically far away. Officially the Soviet Union was on the side of Egypt and Syria. So the Soviet Jews had a joke: "Ours are beating ours" meaning Israeli Jews are killing MISR soldiers.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,217 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
    Israel did have APDS rounds, but not sure about APFSDS. There is a well-known pick where an AP core neatly bisected a T62 gun barrel.
    Must be APDS, the APFSDS is from the late 70's of the last century. I think it became popular only just after the yom kippur war
    Looking for / Suche noch:
    -8,8cm Pzgr.40.
    -8,8cm D (drahtsperre)

Thanks
    Ok, brain just awoke! The Hebrew designation for AP is "chodare shiriyon", which is usually abbreviated to Cha'ash, with the "ch" having the gutteral/throat-clearing sound. That could easily have been mis-translated by a non-military translator or subtitlist for HESH.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    I watched the 1st episode and I like it too.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    I must ask a question, but before, I must describe what's happening in the movie for those who have not watched it.
    The war has started. An older French Jew now living in Israel gets a call from his ex-wife in Paris. They speak in French. She tells him that their son, being under his influence, moved to Israel and joint IDF. Their son is being sent to the front to fight. Ex-wife blames the man for causing all of this and tells him to go find their son at the battle field and arrange for him to fly back to Paris to safety, immediately. They curse at each other, but after that the man jumps into his car and actually goes to the front to find their son.
    Does this look realistic to anyone?

Thanks
    No. The father can't just go and withdraw his son...especially during a war. The mother sounded like a nut to me.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jonnyc For This Useful Post:

sksvlad (18th November 2021)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12