What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What I make in my machine shop

Just incredible! I so admire people with the skills to run a, Machine Shop. Hardcore talent!

Jason

engine lathe and a milling machine and two 3D printers.. covers just about all i need

Outstanding!!, and of incredible quality. I especialy like the ship gun in with the hull section.
Regards, DJH

What is the legal situation with the 3D printed replica ordnance pieces in your area of Australia?

I may have read before that even plastic replica weapons were banned is some Australian states. Is that correct?

varies from State to State. Replica Weapons tend to be controlled as they can cause alarm if improperly used/displayed. Plastic Ammo items would be similar. Hence most collectors are members of authorised organisations/clubs.

Thanks for the response. Are you legally required to be a member of a collectors organisation to own plastic replica ordnance?

The items wouldn't be legally controlled here in the UK, but could obviously cause problems if carelessly displayed or left in a public place.

There are some laws surrounding the sale and ownership of replicas of modern firearms.

Replica plastic ordnance would be a largely untested grey area. Some Australian states require a licence/permit for ownership of inert ordnance, others don’t. New South Wales is the most stringent state with conditions such as you can’t display a projectile in a case at shows, so I’m not sure how they’d go with replica ordnance.

Last edited: