What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not ordnance related

Slick

So, I've had this thing for a number of years. Original thoughts were it was some sort of medical device, considering its chrominess. As can be seen(2nd pic), the big knurled knob screws into the body, expanding the jaws by a goodly amount. Maybe to help with constipation, via expansion. The smaller knurled knob unscrews and provides for a more serious attempt at relief via a drill bit.

I have "cut the cable", as we say over here, and no longer have 1000+ TV channels that I never watched and rely on YouTube for entertainment. In that, I watch a variety of clips and ran across one that showed a selection of oddball gizmos and then explained what they were. To my surprise, this one was presented and defined. FINALLY!

So, the game is, what is this, really? Sadly, no prize money involved.

thing 1 (2).jpg thing 2 (2).jpg thing 3 (2).jpg

Last edited:
SLICK,
Purely a guess, but some sort of Pipe reamer. In, a briar tobacco pipe must be reamed periodically to keep the "cake" that builds up in the bowl under control. The "drill" portion would be used on the stem, to keep it clean/clear.
Taber

Taber is a winner! WAY TO GO! At least, that's what that show advised it was. A pipe bowl scraper/cleaner. Glad I didn't throw it away. Now, curious who would make such a thing. No name or markings.

Possibly a Kleen Reem pipe tool.

Attachments

• E94EB6DB-2A38-4946-B623-AC013FA3970B.jpeg
    E94EB6DB-2A38-4946-B623-AC013FA3970B.jpeg
    115.2 KB · Views: 42
KLEEN REEM it is. Thanks much for the picture of the complete unit. I've had this tool for over 20 years and never knew what it was until a couple of days ago.