What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Projectile / Cartridge ID

US-Subs

ORDNANCE APPROVED/Premium Member
Ordnance approved
Premium Member
Need an assist on this cartridge. Case measures 25mm x 110, rimmed case, no headstamp or any markings. Anyone?

65946699974__3DD675E4-3AF0-4268-8604-5A88C7F21978.jpg

I disagree. I have the advantage of having the round in hand, but the case appears to be crimped/grooved, not two piece - I am not 100%, but even if it were two piece, that is not unheard of. The case head appears correct, as do all features. The round is tight and precise, not typical of something improvised. I have a collector friend who is a machinist that will be over in a couple of hours, I will defer to his judgement.

IMG_1242.jpgIMG_1241.jpg

It's a 1" US Maxim.

Attachments

• Zuschneiden_3.jpg
    Zuschneiden_3.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 75
  • Zuschneiden_4.jpg
    Zuschneiden_4.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 48
Interesting, I'd not heard about this one. Is there any more information available? Projectile weight and muzzle velocity? Did it ever see service?

Sorry, i only have this picture and the dimensions from the ECRA data viewer. In the book Big Bore Ammunition by Hawkinson it is also listed as a 1" Maxim.
Unfortunately I don't have any more information.

hello
with your second picture i see that is a trace of machinery ,a remnent of the groove making
but you had the good response and the denomination of this round

for this groove body maybe for correct link placement ?

Thanks guys, greatly appreciated as always. I picked up some nice medium caliber last week and will be posting some pics later, looking for country of origin, loads, etc for some.
How good is the ECRA database on 20mm and such? Strong points, weak points? Fumbling back and forth between meager references on 20mm has been a headache for too long, there has to be something better.

1a.jpg