What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12Pr 12cwt cart case extractor tool?

Darkman

Would anyone have a picture or diagram of the tool used to extract the 12Pr 12cwt naval case that engaged the primer adapter? Thanks, Graeme

Attachments

• DB28ABDF-047D-491C-A377-B449332B866F.jpeg
    DB28ABDF-047D-491C-A377-B449332B866F.jpeg
    153.6 KB · Views: 45
I made one from some quarter inch flat bar and just drilled two m6 holes at one end and put in set screws, came out fine after heating the base of the case, i know member Falcon made a proper one!

from my 4.7in on travelling carriages hand book it mentions '' Extractor. cartridge, hand, Q.F. .small, land, Mark I. this is made of steel, having a claw at one end to engage under the head of the primer or adaptor when extracting the cartridge. the opposite end is fitted with a wooden handle, and has a loop of white cord for securing it to the wrist. Total length 10 1/2inches. So if you see something like this you will know what its for. You need a picture of a hand , long?, naval, Mark??