What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Digital Copy of Book

Kaboom

Hello from NZ
i wasnt quite sure where to post this.
Im looking for a digital copy of this book if anyone can help me or knows of a link i would appreciate it.
Ive only found one online that went to auction a few years back now.

Descriptive Plates of Ammunition; Illustrating the Different Projectiles, Charges, Fuzes, Rockets, ETC. At Present in Use for Land and Sea Service, Other War Stores Manufactured in the Royal Laboratory, Woolwich
by Captain Vivian Dering Majendie R A

Last edited:
It appears from time to time at military books auctions - probably available somewhere on the web in pdf form
If this can help:
The modern reference for this book is:
E.M. Boxer, Descriptive Plates to Ammunition, by Captain Vivian Dering Majendi RA.,London [1867]

Here's the original reference appearing on the front page of this Victorian manual:
(https://www.christies.com/en/lot/lot-1756741)
"By authority
Descriptive plates to ammunition (by captain Vivian Dering Majendie RA) illustrating the different projectiles, charges, fuzes, rockets &c at present in use for land & sea service, other war stores manufactured in the Royal Laboratory, Woolwich
by colonel E.M. Boxer, superintendant RL,
and w. Mitchell & co, Military publishers, 39 Charing Cross, London SW,
containing 26 plates, many in colour, each inscribed R.J. Terry del et lith, and signed E.M. Boxer Supt Rl (and variously dated between 1863 and 1868)"