What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Outpost

A film called “The Outpost” Great movie about a poorly placed COP known as Keating in Afghanistan, great film with moving scenes. Lots of footage of the actual battle as well as information online too so it’s a great film to dig into.

Currently on Netflix, 10/10 imho!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just watched it, very good and realistic (that's from a person who never served and never fired at humans) https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3833480/. Kudos to all the actors AND to the camera people for doing a major amount of running in front of them amidst all those pyrotechnics.
I have several questions:
1. In the beginning, when they had a meeting with Afghan elders, they somehow positively ID'ed a Taliban who took a shot at them day before. How dd they do it? What was the little thing/packet shown to the officer?
2. Did an American soldier use a Russian SVT to sniper-shoot a Taliban sniper? Or was it some other gun?
3. Many soldiers had 40mm ammo in belts around their wastes, but none used them. Why? Again, lack of familiarity with M203 grenade launcher. But the distance to Taliban and very dense position of Taliban attackers begs the question.

PTSD is real. Many years ago there was a technician in a neighbouring lab by the name Heinz, He was actually German but lived in US for many years. One morning I found him sitting in a foetal position in a corner of the lab, crying and shaking. I was shocked, but he told me he had bad flashbacks from Viet Nam. He recovered and told me that he was in a M113 which rolled over a land mine. He was sitting in the back with his head against the ramp. The explosion ripped through the base and blew APC apart flying the ramp open. He was thrown out with a severe bang to his head. He was the only survivor. He had PTSD periodically and just struggled through it.

Last edited: