Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
  • Login:
    Thanks

Need help buying from Ebay UK and shipping to the USA...

Hello Gentlemen,

Is any UK member willing to help me buy a couple items from Ebay UK that I am not able to bid on from the USA?

The seller said he may be willing to ship the items, but just in case, I might also need them shipped to me (or allow for me to send a courier to pick them up).

I appreciate anyone willing to help. I am also willing to return the favor if you need something from the USA.

Thanks

John

Premium Member
    Thanks
    It depends what the items are. Send me a message.
    Wanted: Baton/Irritant rounds (inert) and associated items, .700 NE (inert) and boxes (empty), .32-40 cartridge boxes (empty), WW2 British shotgun cartridge boxes (empty), Greener Police Gun cartridge boxes (empty). Message me if you have any of these items for sale/trade.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,054 Times in 495 Posts
    Just curious, what are the items, in general, to get an idea of what can't be bid from US? Usually it is the other way around.

Thanks
    Messages sent...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to WWIIBuff For This Useful Post:

reccetrooper (21st January 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sksvlad View Post
    Just curious, what are the items, in general, to get an idea of what can't be bid from US? Usually it is the other way around.
    It is not necessarily what the the items themselves are which is a problem. Some ebay sellers do not offer international sales on anything due to added difficulties that international shipping can cause.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Falcon For This Useful Post:

sksvlad (23rd January 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon View Post
    It is not necessarily what the the items themselves are which is a problem. Some ebay sellers do not offer international sales on anything due to added difficulties that international shipping can cause.

Yes, I understand that is a challenge as well. The Ebay Global Shipping program makes it easier for sellers, but in my opinion it is a scam and ripoff to buyers. That is why I offer to have a courier service pick up the items from the seller sometimes.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to WWIIBuff For This Useful Post:

sksvlad (23rd January 2022)

Premium Member
    Images
    Thanks
    That Globule shipping is farcical expensive some times the shipping is 2 x the item price for some thing so small

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by millsbomber View Post
    That Globule shipping is farcical expensive some times the shipping is 2 x the item price for some thing so small

Not only that but about 75% of the items I sell through GSP are blocked at the Lichfield hub, parcels destroyed and both parties refunded. This is for items such as wooden ammo boxes, stripper clips, speed loaders, metal ammo cans etc etc so I have stopped using the service - it's run by snowflakes.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DanTheMan View Post
    Not only that but about 75% of the items I sell through GSP are blocked at the Lichfield hub, parcels destroyed and both parties refunded. This is for items such as wooden ammo boxes, stripper clips, speed loaders, metal ammo cans etc etc so I have stopped using the service - it's run by snowflakes.
    I've heard this before, and have tried to forewarn some sellers about it, but they don't listen. Therefore my personal policy is never to buy from a seller using the GSP program, I just don't want to chance it, or be willingly ripped off.

I have bought probably close to 60 ordnance/munitions items from the UK over the past 10 years, and fortunately never had a problem with shipping, either on the UK side, or the US side (except for one box my local post office sent back because they said the label was incomplete or illegible). The GSP program was never used for any of those.

Sellers just need to be smart and discrete about their packaging. I am also selective about what I buy. I don't think I've had any grenades shipped (except for one mills grenade over 10 years ago), but I have had entire aerial bombs, incendiary bombs, mortar rounds, rockets, mines, butterfly bombs, times pencils, various detonators and switches, and many more items come through just fine. ALL INERT of course.