What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ww2 chemical mine

kiwieod

just got this very nice and quite scarce ww2 chemical mine.ive seen the threads on the markings but i need to know what color the markings are including the big stripe around it(i assume the mine itself is OD green)
also looking for the closing plug which is a whopping 3in. diameter

Attachments

• P1040472.jpg
    P1040472.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 85
It's about varnishing :

Image14.jpg

From "Regulations for army ordnance services vol 7 Pamphlet 07, Chemical Warfare Ammunition"

Cheers,

S.

Got this one in the NL around 2008. Scarce is correct. Not a lot of them got out, and their construction doesn't encourage a long life.

DSC_8639a.jpg

As well as the No 1 Mk 1 chemical mine, they also produced a practice version and a very similar smoke mine too!

Chemical Mine

Maybe this helps.

Attachments

• Chem Mine No1 03.JPG
    Chem Mine No1 03.JPG
    220.3 KB · Views: 65
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    281.3 KB · Views: 66
  • No 1 Mk 1 Chemical mine.jpg
    No 1 Mk 1 Chemical mine.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 55
thats great thanks
what is the Y3,Y5,Y13,Y29?must refer to the filling as this is usually where it is marked

sgdbdr,thanks for the info just what i was looking for including markings and colors
does any one know what color the leak detector paint is,its not mentioned in the manual
also mentions that the mines have a vent plug but my mine dosent have one and other photos show mines without this plug?

here is my repainted chemical mine

Attachments

• P1040502.jpg
    P1040502.jpg
    291.4 KB · Views: 20
  • P1040503.jpg
    P1040503.jpg
    289.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Chemical_mine.jpg
    Chemical_mine.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 17