What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Okd German paper currency

sksvlad

I saw this at an antique shop in New Bern, NC. The owner said it was old German currency issued by German cities in 1920's. May someone verify this?
DSCF2856.jpg

German Notgeld was issued in numerous variations (almost every city/county/municipality issued its own vouchers or notes) under WW1 and the following economic crisis.
Check this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notgeld
Nowadays it's a wide field for specialized collectors. Many of the notes are elaborately designed and have motifs with local reference to the issuing office.

All villages I can read are austrian and some are famous places for good hollidays.

I acquired a fairly large selection of Notgeld a few years ago. About 100 assorted. An interesting currency.

Here's a few:

notgeld 1 (2).jpgnotgeld 2 (2).jpgnotgeld 3 (2).jpgnotgeld 4 (2).jpgnotgeld 5 (2).jpgnotgeld 6 (2).jpg

Nice collection. I've spotted 3 Notgeld notes that were issued of cities/villages not far from my hometown.
Thanks for showing.