What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Czech prac concrete bomb

MINENAZ16

Ordnance approved
Hello,
I know Czech practice concrete bombs CP-100-70 and CCP-70-50 but the picture shows another model.
I can't read complete markings for designation "CCP - ?? - 57 - AM A"
Does anyone know nomenclature ? (I saw CCP-50-75 on a website but not sure when I see markings)

1.jpg2.jpg

This is a practice concrete CCP 50/75
menší cementové bomby, možná typ CCP-50 75.jpg
the site valka.cz gives on its page on the CZK - CCP-50/75 (cvičná cementová puma) the following legend for the B7W photograph in the above post:
B-228 a cvičné pumy CCP.

https://www.valka.cz/CZK-CCP-50-75-cvicna-cementova-puma-t81507

However, concerning markings, the CP-100-70 shows these: ..P-100-70-M AM-A so we should expect as markings for the CCP-50/75 something like CCP-50-75[-M] AM-A. It's not what is seen on the nose of the bomb in the B7W photograph.

P-100-70.jpg

Last edited:
About bomb CCP-50-75 (Škoda design 1946->)
contains e.g.
-AM-A fuse (licensed) -
-Signalizer 57
(diameter 50 length 490mm; contains 5 pieces of flash units + 1 +1 det . charge ; Complet w. - 1760 g)

There is also a field version of the bomb CCP-50-75 with "RON 57", which is a flash case with an ,,impact fuse 57,, located in the rear part in the center of the bomb (Inserted from behind the stabilizing bomb) .
Akon

Last edited:
Akon, So marking 57 could be for "signalizer 57"

Dreamk, the bomb you shows is CCP 70-50

Last edited:
the bomb you shows is CCP 70-50
menší cementové bomby, možná typ CCP-50 75.jpg
Thanks. Though the museum (Letecké muzeum Vyškov) labelled it as a CCP 50/75, museum labels are notoriously not to be trusted.
As matter of fact I first took it for a clone of a German ww2 50kg Betonbombe, an impression strengthened by the look of the fins of the concrete bomb lying on the ground behind this bomb, that seems still closer to this same original ww2 bomb. This bomb lying in the background seems to be in fact the same as the CCP 50-75 shown here on the site valka.cz under a Sukhoi Su-22M4 (if they are correct in their identification):
CCP-50 75  mbd-2-67u_-4_649.jpg

The bomb hung under the Sukhoi plane (picture ...649.jpg) has an all-metal body -not concrete (C/M. , and it is a reworked German bomb for licensed Soviet head lighters.
Certainly not the CP-50-75.
PS: there will sometimes be types of bombs that have left a side pit for a side fuse because Skoda developed a mechanical (without propeller) omnidirectional bomb fuse designed for German bombs.
The army's requirements, however, went the way of blinding the sumps by welding with a stopper and making a threaded reducer for Soviet fuse ...

Akon