What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strange no.77 grenade(maybe?)

Stray

An interesting piece that I saw and decided I found it interesting enough to own... anyone have info on this. Fuze and container are canadian made.
20220322_203257.jpg

I think it has to be a No.77 Mk I. All the other Allways tin bodied grenades had flat bases.

What is the maker's monogram on the fuze, of particular interest the cap?

TimG

Very strange... the see-through fuze looks alike the one used on the drill version of Spanish PO-I series, but the GE logo I can not explain.

That's a real rare example, only ever seen another in a collection in Holland, that was just the fuse, the factory produced these as samples, so much of the original parts too well done, the Canadian No77 body's were better quality than the British versions.

That's a real rare example, only ever seen another in a collection in Holland, that was just the fuse, the factory produced these as samples, so much of the original parts too well done, the Canadian No77 body's were better quality than the British versions.
That is pretty cool. The guy said he originally had bought 2 from a guy but that he had sold one. I dont know if the second one was the same or if it was a conventional one. Either way Im glad I found it even though it was just a fluke that I did.