What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1943 Philippines First Day Cover letter

sksvlad

Never ceases to amaze me how in the middle of a war people have resources and time for things like stamp collecting!!! Anyone knows what they are celebrating in this philatelic wonder?
img20220324_20220801.jpg

What a great little find! I don't know what it is celebrating, but as someone who has more than a passing interest in stamp collecting (no expert though!), I would consider that a keeper!
Well done.

Bockscar.

I found a similar one online, it is a celebration of the Japanese occupation of the Philippines
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2338727944...efaultOrganicWeb&_trksid=p2047675.c101224.m-1
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Well done! - I thought one would have been rare enough but to come across two! brilliant!
I may have a look for tis one myself...
Thanks for sharing.

Bockscar.

Just had a look on E Bay...they don't appear to be exactly rare do they?! I'm surprised at that.
Prices look to be all over the place too.

Bockscar

Just to clarify, the 1st one I've posted is mine, I bought it for $10 in New Bern, NC in an coin/stamp shop, the 2nd one is from eBay, I don't own it, I just copied the image.

Thanks for the update...appreciated.
$3.50 for the Philippines one is great and even $10 for the South African one is bearable!..some nice stamps on it.
We better watch out we don't start a Philately section on the forum!

Bockscar.

I am really a collector of information/history in whichever form it comes, stamps or bullets....So I don't really care how history is delivered, to me even images are OK. Whatever happened in the past will happen in the future...Yes, it is a warning to future generations...Of course, if one collects something that goes "boom" (like guns and ammo), it is an extra benefit...

Last edited: