Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
  • Login:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ORDNANCE APPROVED/Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,207 Posts
    Not actually a private collection, it is a registered non-profit and acquired many of the items through Govt donations. Unfortunately over the past few years Mike's health has seriously deteriorated. I was told during SLICS that he will never make it back to the museum, I have been told since that his health has now gone down significantly further.

The future of the museum is in question, speaking with one board member there are many issues, several which may not be possible to overcome. If you have interest I suggest that you visit sooner rather than later.
    All dug or live ordnance shown in my posts is under EOD control and has been or will be dealt with accordingly by EOD personnel

2. The Following User Says Thank You to US-Subs For This Useful Post:

sksvlad (22nd April 2022)

Thanks
    There was a Dragon version developed with a nose probe, but I don't know if it was ever fielded or not. It was one of those attempts to extend the life of the program that was too little, too late. The TOW variant didn't last long either, rapidly replaced by the TOW-2B carrying two EFP "look down - shoot down" charges.

Here is a picture of my TOW practice to give you a better view of the airframe. The item behind it is not complete/correct, made of a couple range pick up pieces slapped together.

IMG_1908.jpg
    All dug or live ordnance shown in my posts is under EOD control and has been or will be dealt with accordingly by EOD personnel

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to US-Subs For This Useful Post:

apfsds (22nd April 2022), M8owner (22nd April 2022), sksvlad (22nd April 2022), wichitaslumlord (23rd April 2022)

Thanks
    I'm sorry to say that I have just been informed that Mike Brueckmann, founder of the wonderful Jefferson Barracks Ordnance Museum, passed away last night. He will be missed.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to US-Subs For This Useful Post:

frijoles108 (23rd April 2022), sksvlad (22nd April 2022)

Thanks
    I considered him a friend who I talked to frequently years back when I lived in St. Louis. He will be greatly missed, thanks for letting us know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12