What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Active members.

tigbrand

Premium Member
Been looking at posts recently and wondered what happened to some of the members who were quite active on the site,I know a few regulars have passed away,but what about these people?
Point Blank01,Navyman,Lou and others I'm sure.

Last edited:
Cant help with your quest but my issue is there not being enough hours in the day to do all i would like to do on the internet. My family takes priority but i find work takes more time than i have at work to do all i need to do so it inevitably spills over into my private time.
Cheers
Hangarman

That's why I jacked my job in Gary! Health issues and a family tragedy have made me think differently. Also managing to do everything I never had time to do. The above people were just the first that came to mind,but they just disappeared. There is a premium member who's name I cant remember, who hasn't been on here for years. Also looking at the bottom of page statistics,there are nearly 8.5k members and only 270 active, and usually a few hundred non members using the site. Tig

Sometimes people get another hobby I suppose? I've seen members in the Dutch collecting community that started off fanatically, but after a few years quit at once and completely.

I have seen forum sites crash and burn because its members thought it was good idea to go to Facebook. The trouble with Facebook you do get some idiots on there plus you cant refence back years to find old posts with valuable information, on Facebook the same question keeps getting asked. This forum is worth its weight in gold, i have solved many a mystery with the help BOCN members who know their stuff. Don't let these forums die.

Not 100% sure but think the active member thing is calculated how many individuals have signed on in a week or a month. Some sit in the background and sign in occassionally others have joined but dont post and some have sadly passed on..
But either way you have all kept the site going for all these years.
I met with Bolo a week ago and discussed the much needed and delayed updates to the site and get in place better security so i can re open new membership applications.
If anyone knows someone who wants to join send me a private message and i will do it manually on recomendation.
In the meantime keep on posting your all doing a great job
Thanks
Allan