What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ID russian 130mm

Hi,
this is the closest I could find.
there are holes both on your photo and my drawing. What is the question?

Bob

Hi,
this is the closest I could find.
there are holes both on your photo and my drawing. What is the question?

Bob

Sorry Bob but I can't see holes on your diagram (bad eyes).
Weight 34.5 matches.

Here ? :
130.jpg

Last edited:
No worry my friend,
on the photo there seems to be a shallow groove over the holes. IMHO it was covered from the outside by a strip of some material. So on the right hand side of the diagram the holes are not visible (shown).
There are allways propelant gasses running in front of the projectile. There has to be a barrier so they do not enter the internals of the projectile.
I think there are two holes shown in the diagram, just where you marked them. one in the cut, angled as in your photo, one on the back wall with axes (blue on my pic).

Bob

Attachments

• Snímek.jpg
    Snímek.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
As Bob said, it would seem to be the projectile he pasted in. Further info below.

· 130 mm parachuteless illuminating (беспарашютный осветительный) projectile for the 130/50 calibre B-13 (Б-13) naval (coastal) single turreted gun and twin-turreted gun systems such as the B-2-LM (Б-2-ЛМ) and B-28 (Б-28).
· Projectile, full URAV index code: A3-SB-46 (А3-СБ-46).
· Projectile, short marking code: SB-46 (СБ-46).
· Weight: 34.5 kg
· Rounds (provisional data): A4-ZSB-46 (А4-ЗСБ-46), A4-ZSB-46BP (А4-ЗСБ-46БП) and A4-ZSB-46N (А4-ЗСБ-46Н).
· Payload: 3.01 kg of illuminating composition and 30 g of DRP (ДРП) black powder.
· Fuze: MT-6 (МТ-6) or MT-6D (МТ-6Д).

I've highlighted and annotated the image to show the holes more clearly.

A3-SB-46.jpg

Last edited: