What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ebay, Paypal alternatives

BMG50

Premium Member
I used to sell my junk on Ebay in the good old days to raise funds for the collection but Ebay have changed the payment system where you have to use a bank account rather than Paypal. I used Paypal which is dedicated to buying and selling for the hobby and the bank account for the household domestic payment which the wife uses. What alternative Paypal type banking system do you guys use or next best selling site other than Ebay.

Whilst eBay have moved to their own payment system for sellers, buyers can still use Paypal to pay. I thought change to new eBay Payments would be a pain in the arse but it's been ok (relatively speaking - they still take quite a cut of your sales). Of course if it's ordnance-related items you have to sell, best bet would be to list in Classifieds here - no fees and you can specify which method payment would work best for you... I've long thought Classifieds is under-used and hoped members would list more (please check out my listings on there!).

In the, US, gunbroker.com , has been really popular with, "Inert Ord Sales." I have seen foreign sellers on it in the past. Seller's can decide on any method of payment they desire. To me, EBAY has really tanked when it comes to, Sellers. Still, its the biggest game in town if you want a lot of attention to your auctions.

Jason

In the, US, gunbroker.com , has been really popular with, "Inert Ord Sales." I have seen foreign sellers on it in the past. Seller's can decide on any method of payment they desire. To me, EBAY has really tanked when it comes to, Sellers. Still, its the biggest game in town if you want a lot of attention to your auctions.

Jason

I used to use Gunbroker many years ago, it was useful for selling things like Bren accessories that were readily available in the UK but hard to find in the US. That came to an end when European members had their accounts disabled around six years ago due to data protection law changes that came in in Europe. I can still sign in but cannot get past this message
“NOTICE [FONT=&amp]The account has been disabled due to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – Privacy Law which has been implemented for your location.[/FONT]