What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RWS base

43mm is the rim diameter for a British 1.5" flare case so if RWS maker I agree it may be for a punt gun or did they make 1.5" flare cases too?

Thought to be the base from a blank used with an appropriate adaptor in 37mm PAK and 75mm German artillery pieces.

See this discussion on IAA.
https://forum.cartridgecollectors.org/t/what-is-it/39238/2

Wow thank you, I did not put context of find as I didn't want to muddy the waters. It was found amongst 7.92 casings at the rear of a German position! That looks like it, Im hoping to find some more as it would prove a 3.7 Pak was there. We initially thought MG position only.

438233DF-D35D-4BB5-89A1-F78A38B4A900.jpegBA38FF56-5841-4701-A8E3-1867D40EAC91.jpeg
43mm is the rim diameter for a British 1.5" flare case so if RWS maker I agree it may be for a punt gun or did they make 1.5" flare cases too?

Ron, you posted these photos on the IAA thread, it has the same groove on the rim edge, so it is a manoeuvres cartridge (blank)

Hope you don’t mind me sharing your photos for folks that are not able to view the IAA forum post.

No objections here. Those 2 Whiskeys I drank made me forget that posting of the manoeuvre blank I own. Cheers. Ron.

Hi Ron, I have a little Facebook page for my detecting finds, may I use your photos on there please?, I will credit you of course.

Its an interesting find as it was sitting among lots of 7.92 casings and we never thought a little Pak may have been emplaced there...its shows there is always stuff to learn :)

Thanks again Reccetrooper for pointing me in the right direction.

Bully1970. Use my info and photos . Glad to help any collector or researcher. I am not into Facebook.

Thank you Ron....Im the same re Facebook but its a necessary evil at present. I'm there under a fake name with no friends, much like real life:tinysmile_hmm_t: cheers!