What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Identification request

adrian

An antique arms auction company has asked me to post this here with the hope that someone can identify what it is. The vendor said he thought it is a Vietnam war era stick grenade.
Any assistance would be much appreciated please.

AAA59 (5).jpg

AAA59 (1).jpg

AAA59 (2).jpg

AAA59 (3).jpg

AAA59 (4).jpg

Never seen that one before. Looking at the materials I would say it's much older than Vietnam era. More like 1900's.

Some similarities with the ZASLAVSKI (ЗАСЛАВСКОГО) and the PROKOPOVA (ПРОКОПОВА)

Thank you for the replies & I suspect that if the grenade enthusiasts here have not seen one of these in references etc then it must be something other than a stick grenade.

No. it may be an attempt to make a better version of the Russian stick grenade (Lishin) of 1904/5. The spring in the head looks like a percussion device. In the world of grenades there are many prototypes and patents many people have never seen before.

Thank you for that, so the possibility that it may indeed be a grenade is not to be ignored.