What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there anyplace that shows the stenciling on German artillery shells?

Kilroy

Hello All,
Over many moons, I have managed to collect a number of German artillery pieces from 3.7cm to 8.8cm, and when bought they had already been repainted or had good original paint, I cannot always tell.
At times I like the idea of getting some stencils on them, like for the 88 shell to have the "IV" and "FES" for sintered iron driver bands stencils, but I have no idea if there is a place that has the stencil graphics displayed for size, maybe font, and that type stuff.

Is there any website that has this type thing? Maybe here at BOCN somewhere?

Thanks,
Walt

Walt, you could try and find a copy of Munitions-Lexikon by Karl R Pawlas ( written in German ). Parts One & two contain lots of info on German Projectiles, cases and Fuzes, part three is on Bombs. Great Diagrams with lots of markings shown.

Well I thank both you fellows for your replies!! Having a good lead is many times all one needs!!

Mucho danke'
Walt