Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
  • Login:
    Thanks

RN Seacat Surface to Air

Hi folks,

Thought I would show you my new purchase, picked it up today...beautiful condition!

Any ideas how I would go about finding out more about this particular one, there tons of markings all over it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by spotter; 9th October 2013 at 11:40 PM. Reason: please use the sites image uploader instead of off site hosting as images hosted offsite often get deleted

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dave17 For This Useful Post:

beihan62 (9th October 2013), hangarman (2nd June 2022), MINENAZ16 (2nd June 2022), SG500 (10th October 2013)

UBIQUE
    Images
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,331 Times in 826 Posts
    Not sure if this is of any use but its all i have on seacat
    Attached Images Attached Images

Any Live or Dug ordnance shown by me has been disposed of by military EOD personnel .

Site administrator. damned if i do..damned if i dont

BOCN HELPING TO PROMOTE SAFE RESPONSIBLE ORDNANCE COLLECTING

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to spotter For This Useful Post:

bazooka chris (10th October 2013), Dave17 (10th October 2013), HAZORD (1st June 2022), Joerg (3rd June 2022), MINENAZ16 (2nd June 2022), Snufkin (10th October 2013), tomsk (4th June 2022)

Thanks
    Those pictures are excellent, very useful. Basically I have got a 'Servicing' rocket motor with operational electronics and flight surface controls and a operational head. Any idea what servicing means?

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,660 Times in 741 Posts
    Same quesstion from me, what does servecing mean?
    Looking for / Suche noch:
    -8,8cm Pzgr.40.
    -8,8cm D (drahtsperre)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,595 Times in 829 Posts
    I think 'Servicing' is one step up from 'Drill' Guided missiles of this vintage needed a great deal of TLC and the crews maintaining them, needed inert examples to train on. There is nothing in the 1964 publication, from which the plates were taken to explain the term.

TimG

Thanks
    Details on 'Servicing', in reference to guided missiles, are not in the 1964 publication on markings. This as the available PDF of that publication is missing those pages. It jumps straight from rocket markings to the plates for guided missiles.

Though not available these comments on 'Servicing' are mentioned far earlier within the said publication.

Used on certain training versions of guided missiles. In certain instances where operational non-explosive parts are used in the assembly of these training versions, the coding colour may be applied in the form of patches.

In the later similar publication 'DEF STAN 00-810 - Marking of Ammunition & Associated Packages', servicing is described as...

A training guided missile, with fully functioning mechanism similar to, but not necessarily identical with, their operational counterparts, used for testing and assembly purposes. It is not intended to be launched and has no explosive parts.

So, there you have it.
    Last edited by Eggburt1969; 1st June 2022 at 09:59 PM.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eggburt1969 For This Useful Post:

HAZORD (1st June 2022), MINENAZ16 (2nd June 2022), proditto (1st June 2022)