What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AZ 23 type fuze - nationality?

Burney Davis

Premium Member
I have attached pictures of a sectioned fuze which is almost identical to the AZ 23 German fuze of WW2 (which is on the left in the third picture). However, there are what appear to be Cyrillic letters and a date of 1941. Can anyone offer thoughts on nationality and usage? TIA.

20220509_214120.jpg20220509_214212.jpg20220509_214101.jpg

To the best of my knowledge, the only country to have produced under license German equipment in the years prior to 1941 was the Kingdom of Yugoslavia and they used the Cyrillic alphabet. Though most of their artillery equipment was of French and Czech origin, this can be a direction worth exploring.
As artillery fuzes are really not my field, I cannot help further.

Last edited:
BTW After 1941 the Germans used two Yugoslav facilities to produce artillery ammunition, both situated in Sarajevo:
1) Staatliches Arsenal, Sarajevo, Yugoslavia ("kfa")
2) Staatliches Arsenal, Sarajevo, Yugoslavia Gesellschaft zur Verwertung chemischer Erzeugnisse mbH, Werk Kaufering. ("kfg")