What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

selling at auction (UK)

batonroundcollector

Premium Member
Have been watching and bidding on items at auction via Saleroom and have been impressed by the prices fetched sold this way; am now looking to try offering some items myself - a couple for starters. Has anyone any experience with auction houses and can recommend one with an upcoming militaria/arms and armour auction (allowing for time for me to submit items etc)? Thanks!

Most auction houses have quiet a lead time between submissions and sales in order to prepare catalogues, etc.

Try Tennants, they have a militaria sale in June that appears to still be inviting entries.

https://auctions.tennants.co.uk/auction/details/mi62-militaria--ethnographica/?au=13952

Remember that different auction houses charge different seller’s commission, so check what their rates are first, and most will have a delay of at least two to four weeks before they pay you.

Thanks George I'll give that a try :) I expect higher costs than selling elsewhere but the hammer prices would offset this, and of course not having the hassle of selling yourself.