What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Obviously, not members of BOCN

LCplCombat

MODERATOR/ORDNANCE APPROVED
Ordnance approved
Intercepted telephone call between a Russian soldier and his father

FRXMNBjXMAImOlE

Seems someone did... well sort of.

https://twitter.com/UAWeapons/status/1526500532592193536

As far as I can tell from the damage seen to the vehicle and one of the weapons, this is what likely happened. An AT4 series disposable recoilless gun (it's not a rocket launcher) was accidentally fired within the boot of the vehicle. Its muzzle was facing out of the boot (this as I 'can't' see a projectile exit hole), but its breech was facing a sidewall of the boot. On firing the propellant gas back blast and/or black blast and countermass blew a hole in the boot's sidewall. The close proximity to the sidewall restricted the propellant gas back blast and/or black blast and countermass, this resulted in overpressuring the AT4 series gun and rupturing of its composite material barrel (launching tube).

I'm also in contact with one of the people that run that Tweet feed and they confirmed this was the case. More specifically the person who had smuggled the weapon, along with other weapons such as an NLAW ATGM, was showing it to someone and accidentally fired it.

Last edited: