What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fragmentation test of Bomb G.P. 250lb low drag EX 2 Mod 0 and Bomb G.P. 250lb AN-M57A

sgdbdr

Hi,

The mentionned report is available on dtic.mil

Image2.jpg

Can someone explain the 'V' in the measurements ? Are they typos (it would be a lot of them) or a symbol ?

Cheers,

S.

For some reason some of the decimal points have been shown as 'V'

TimG

Last edited:
Next question would be : Does someone has a drawing, a picture or a doc about the "Bomb G.P. 250lb low drag EX 2 Mod 0" ?

Next question would be : Does someone has a drawing, a picture or a doc about the "Bomb G.P. 250lb low drag EX 2 Mod 0" ?

From the dimensions, I think you'll find that the EX 2 MOD 0 (Experimental [model] 2 Modification 0) is what would end up as the MK 81 MOD 0 or MK 81 MOD 1 250 lb low-drag general purpose (LDGP) bomb.

I'd have to go through my reference library and try and find documentation detailing the development of the MK 80 series of LDGP bombs.

Last edited:
It's a start, but :
The only reference I found online (DTIC) about EX 2 Mod 0 is in the document I refer to in this thread.
The only (available, but only one another still not online) reference about EX 1 Mod 0 if about SPARROW I warheads in AMCP 706-290 (Engineering Design Handbook, Warheads-General)