What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

25 Pr. exLamp - well it's better than not having one ~

Gspragge

Premium Member
Or so I imagine ~
Some markings left on upper body, or traces of. Dates and manufacturer marks
likely polished off. Slight pitting over all, but not deep or ghastly. All I choose to do was
clean off all the loose powdery rust and wax it. Band is in good condition and hole for wire
through it. It's 100 to one for finding these versus 18Pr. lamped projectiles or worse, I've
not seen many of them one way or another.
$80=$61 U.S. = L50 pounds.

Attachments

• SDC19877.jpg
    SDC19877.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 46
  • SDC19874.jpg
    SDC19874.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 35
  • SDC19876.jpg
    SDC19876.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Great find Gordon!

Yes trench art projectile lamps are a great way to "liberate" back for hard to find ordnance as shown with this 1914 unfired Austro-Hungary 8cm shrapnel projectile complete with its correct matching fuze!
(The fuze still had the original red time scale paint)

Cheers
D

Attachments

• IMG_3034.jpg
    IMG_3034.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_7334.jpg
    IMG_7334.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 39
  • 8cm-b.jpg
    8cm-b.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 41
Yours was an extrodinary find - 18Pr lamps are like the lice of ordnance collecting, usually beyond repreive. Rarely either a good lamp or projectile.
A 25 Pr. is quite unusual - bonus 2 pound lump of solid brass nose ~
Oddly at the same place a few weeks back I picked up a 25Pr case that had a brass disc soldered into the end and a brass loop thing soldered
to the primer so it hung up some how some where. It all came off and cleaned up.

Last edited: