Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
  • Login:
    Ordnance Approved
    Thanks

Polish Wz-23 versus Wz-33

Hi. I recently picked up what I think is a Polish Wz-23 with a match head fuze (shown next to a Russian F1). I’m told it could also be a Wz-33. What is the difference between the Wz-23 and Wz-33? Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    any live or recovered ordnance shown in my posts was recovered and dealt with accordingly by trained EOD personel

Images
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 496 Posts

3. The Following User Says Thank You to M8owner For This Useful Post:

Fragman (4th July 2022)

Premium Member
    Images
    Thanks
    I'm unsure which it is as they're definitely similar; it seems there is also a Wz-24 that is visually same - unsure if it is a separate model to the Wz-23 or the latter mislabelled... This article - https://www.wikiwand.com/pl/Granat_obronny_wz.33 - illustrates the differences between the Wz-24 (possibly Wz-23) and Wz-33 (via Google Translate):

The shell of the wz.33 grenade, unlike the shell of wz.24, had a threaded hole with a larger diameter, adapted for screwing in an aluminum sleeve (cover of the primer that stimulates the fuse). Its task was to tightly close the shell - protection against moisture and securing the explosive.

Threaded holes: a) for the fuse [shell wz.1924], b) for the cover of the primer [shell wz.1933]. (MPWP / PM)
    always looking for inert baton rounds and accessories - please message me if you have any for sale/trade.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to batonroundcollector For This Useful Post:

Fragman (4th July 2022)

Ordnance Approved
    Thanks
    Awesome, thanks! This one has the large fuze well, so maybe the aluminium sleeve has been removed. It’s been teamed up with a match head fuze (same as used in a No16), which may have just been a fuze of convenient fit. Thanks again.
    any live or recovered ordnance shown in my posts was recovered and dealt with accordingly by trained EOD personel

Thanks
    Hello,

I recommend reading this link (in Spanish)

http://armamentoguerracivil.com/gran...wz-23-y-wz-24/

Greeting

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to no3nh4 For This Useful Post:

Eggburt1969 (5th July 2022), Fragman (5th July 2022), jeff w (6th July 2022), ron3350 (5th July 2022)

Ordnance Approved
    Thanks
    That is a great reference. Thanks!