What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ID Shell

MINENAZ16

Ordnance approved
Hello,
I Try to identify this HE shell (uncomplete), caliber 75 or 76mm. Length 230mm
I'm not familiar with this kind of driving bands.
(From an Hungarian forum).

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

Last edited:
I'd say that a 29/32M HE shell from Hungarian 8cm Bofors 29M AA gun (actually 76mm and a version of the Swedish 8cm luftvärnskanon m/29).
Unfortunately I don't have much information other than that and only a few very low quality pictures.
089.xjpg_.jpg 090vb.jpg 12211.preview.jpg (The last picture could be a 29M shell instead of a 29/32M, it's too poor to tell)

Thanks for your answer and information on 29/32M round.
Cylindrical head seems different on the unknown shell, base seems shorter and different bands (grooves).

Yeah, it's not an exact match, but it's as close as I got at this point in time with the information available and my limited capacity to understand Hungarian.
I initially thought it might be an 8cm 33m shell from the 8cm 16/33M field gun (actual calibre 76,5mm), but that particular shell has a rear bourrelet just above the driving band and obviously the mystery shell doesn't. I'm still pretty sure it's a Hungarian design though, just from the driving bands, but I just don't know which one exactly.

8cm2.jpg

Thanks for you research, not easy to find informations on Hugarian rounds in France.