What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brass Mills Centrepices - Dunkirk or other

Millsman

Premium Member
Have just got these from a French farmer on the Somme. They are missing the det tubes but otherwise are solid cast brass.

The standard Dunkirk Mills CP is cast in one piece including the det tube. These are different and have a flat face where the tube would be.

Has anyone seen this before?

SSCN0772.JPG

Yes, that the same Dave but all previous Dunkirk CPs I've seen have been one piece. I can only assume one of the four makers came up with this solution.

They came from a farmer who has spent years disposing of Mills grens on his land. Here's two more from the same lot after I had cleaned them up.

SSCN0776.JPG

On the right what I thought was the 'standard' Dunkirk CP and on the left one with the separate DT. That's six from this batch.

I've also got a couple of hundred strikers, which I've not looked at yet. It will be interesting if there are some Dunkirk parts in that lot as well.

Last edited: