What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Autocannon has landed!

Tony Williams

My new book, Autocannon: a History of Automatic Cannon and their Ammunition, is now being delivered by the publishers, The Crowood Press: https://www.crowood.com/products/autocannon-by-anthony-g-williams

The suitably modest blurb:

Autocannon is a comprehensive history of the development of automatic cannon and their ammunition from the end of the nineteenth century up to the present day. A brief history of their development is followed by sections examining the basic principles of gun and ammunition design, including various unconventional systems. Next comes a survey of cartridges in calibre order, from 20mm to 57mm, including not only ammunition that has seen service, but also a wide range of experimental types. Finally there is a survey of the cannon, grouped by nationality, which again includes many experimental models. The book includes data on about 200 different cartridges and 400 cannon, and has nearly 500 illustrations. It is the culmination of decades of research, and is unmatched in its coverage of this subject.

It is available as an ebook as well as a real book!

Received my copy in the post today.
AMAZING!
Tony thanks so much for writing this book, there's a massive amount of information and photos to digest, I've only flicked through it for half an hour but can see I'm going to be absorbed in this for weeks.
If anyone is even slightly interested in cannon rounds this needs to be on their shelf. If you collect then its a "no brainer" to buy it.
Highly recommended.
Dave.

I ordered two copies of the book the same day this thread was started (August 10th). I received an email saying they would email me when the books were being shipped.

I haven't heard a word from them, and no books! Tony, do you have contact information for someone at the publisher that I can email?

I ordered two copies of the book the same day this thread was started (August 10th). I received an email saying they would email me when the books were being shipped.

I haven't heard a word from them, and no books! Tony, do you have contact information for someone at the publisher that I can email?

I'm very sorry to hear about that. I have email problems at the moment but I'll get in touch with Crowood as soon as I can.

I've got my email back so I've sent a message to a contact at Crowood. I'm not sure who precisely is responsible for this area but I'll follow it up.