What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pack and send couriers in UK

batonroundcollector

Premium Member
I'm after a courier that will collect a fragile item from the other end of the country (West Sussex), pack it and deliver to me (item is for collection only - seller won't courier, or even pack)... I've tried PACK & SEND courier themselves - quote from branch nearest me was £66 but they then told me I would need to arrange with branch nearer collection address and they quoted me £353!! Delivery itself would not be expensive but it's the packaging part that I need too. Anyone have any recommendations for a service I might try (that would match or better the lower quote!)?

I would work out the total mileage to collect it myself, that must be the best and cheapest way ensuring whatever it is, is safely brought back intact, and arrange a mutual collection day
Only a suggestion

Hats off to you if you can manage to walk a 450+ mile round trip carrying a big 8.5 kilo load in this heat... I reckoned a courier would be easier.

could you get a mate to drive you if you gave them petrol money plus a bonus?

As good as my mates are, 450 miles is a bit of an ask :) Have used a pack and send service before for an item won at auction but they only collect from auction houses apparently...

I can remember buying something years ago and i had a friend in the area of purchase which was miles away who picked it up and we meet up at a show nearer to home, collected it there.

The solution in the end was to persuade seller to have me arrange regular courier (Parcelforce) pickup, and give them a reasonable sum to pack the item - all for less than 20 quid :) The issue was that seller was hard work (they were adamant no couriers - personal collection only) and if I hadn't have really wanted item I'd have told them to stick it...

Last edited:
Glad to hear it all worked out in the end, some people make it very hard work. I had a very simmilar expereince with a guy in Wales once whom i purchased a SC50 casing from i sent him a few sheets of cardboard to just roll and tape it in and arranged courier but he would not do it, so it was a long drive up and back to south Wales one day to pick it up.