What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manufacture variations on 1000lb base plates

Investment

Hi,
Here are a few manufacture variations for base plates attached to 1000lb bombs. The other side of the plates are dated 1942. The RAF and RAAF used both these types here in Australia. No need to go to the gym if you lift one of these every day, as very heavy items. :stickyman:
Cheers,
Invest :tinysmile_shy_t:

Attachments

• 1000 Pound Base Plate Manufacturer Variation 1.jpg
    1000 Pound Base Plate Manufacturer Variation 1.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 35
  • 1000 Pound Base Plate Manufacturer Variation 2.jpg
    1000 Pound Base Plate Manufacturer Variation 2.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 1000 Pound Base Plate Manufacturer Variation 1 and Variation 2.jpg
    1000 Pound Base Plate Manufacturer Variation 1 and Variation 2.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 30
Base plates

Hi Jason
Very interesting pictures of the base plates , not normally seen ! the kidney plates are more common,
Are these in a collection !
Regards

Hello Steve,
Both these variations are displayed in a small wartime collection in a local town.
I only have the variation type 2 in my own collection.
Cheers,
Jason :tinysmile_shy_t:

Hi Invest,your climate is so different to ours,those bases show hardly any corrosion,although outside! Please post some more jap stuff as mentioned aswell.excellent stuff.By the way if you have any info on jap artillery i would be most grateful.Ive posted for info on my 155mm case twice with no joy.Best wishes Tony.

Hi Tigbrand,
I'll see what I can find out about your Japanese 155mm case.
Cheers,
Invest :tinysmile_shy_t:

Last edited: