What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

10.5cm german base fuzes?

waffenamt

I picked these up,one to display and one to put in my 10.5cm projectile.
Original transport cases but what is the strange writing on one of them? Is it Finnish?

cheers

waff

Attachments

• S7002972.jpg
    S7002972.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 66
  • S7002974.jpg
    S7002974.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
No, they are Norwegian overstamped.
RA = Raufoss.
These fuzes are re-primed by the Norwegians and were used for coastal artillery projectiles after WW II.
Mrfuze, USA

Waff
Excellent looking fuses but just for my curiosity, what 10.5cm projectile have you the C/38 base fuse in?

PC

Hi SG,

I havnt married it to the proj yet but the round is a 10.5 cm Coastal Artillery or Naval round.
Thank you MrFuze for the info on the writing.

cheers

waff

As far as I can tell all german 10.5cm projectiles with a base fuse used the BdZ f 10cm Pzgr. Anyone feel free to correct this if I am wrong.
The C/38 was for large calibre stuff like 24cm.

My Marine ordnance knowledge is very limited. Have you a pic of the projectile?

Regards
PC

Hi Sg,
Sorry i was behind on the thread as i was out to Scotland yesterday.

i will organize a pic asap mate.
24cm sounds like a whopping great proj to me!

cheers

waff

Last edited:
This fuze was also used on the following projectiles from the German navy, 15 cm HE and AP, 20.3 cm AP and HE , 28 cm HE and AP 30.5 cm AP and HE and perhaps on more. By the way the stamped W in the base means whitworth tread.