What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A little of my collection

Eodtek

Premium/Ordnance Approved
Ordnance approved
Most of what I have is boxed up at the moment, mainly because I don't have a decent way to display it. I'm also in the process of setting up a photography booth so I can take decent photos of everything before I x-ray them all.

Anyway, here is a photo that I took a few years ago of one small box of items that I have. Nothing is really grouped together and as you can see the items span from WWI to present from fielded to experimental.

mystufflf5.jpg

Nice selection of grenades there, I particularly like the Yugoslav/Serbian ones, there are so many different types out there. What is the story with the black and white stripes on the US M69 practice grenades ? Tony.

N What is the story with the black and white stripes on the US M69 practice grenades ?

My understanding is that they were a test to see if there was a suitable material to add to the outside of the grenade to aid in gripping the body during inclement weather.